Thursday, May 26, 2011

Julie Han - Sternie with an Artist's Heart

Julie Han (20)

Julie dreamed of being an artist since she was very young. When she started her freshmen year at NYU, she took Art History courses and scored a fashion related internship. When she saw what it was like to work in fashion industry, she realized many fashion designers struggle for a long time before they succeed financially.

Julie studied abroad since she was in middle school, and knows how much her parents invested in her education. She did not wanted to let her parents down by becoming a poor unsuccessful artist. So she started to take economics and mathematics class and transferred in to Stern school of business.

When I asked Julie to help me out with this project, she was more than willing to help. She wished that she could have took the fashion approaches class as well. I could see that she was still interested in fashion and arts.

Below is Julie's New York look. She says that New York is "free in its fullest sense". In the city, she can be as creative and wild as she wants to be. Although she also likes to "dress-up" in a semi-formal look with trench coats and suits, she says she prefers casual.



When I asked her if she would wear the mesh shirt in Seoul, she said she would certainly not, because it would reveal too much skin. "I think if I wear this, people would stare at me in the subway or something. In New York, I think I feel more comfortable to reveal more skin."

She also said that in Korea, she feels that the waists needs to be accentuated and would feel dressed down if she were to wear just leggings and oversized button down shirts.

Below is Julie's Seoul Look. In Seoul, she feels more comfortable in cutesy and feminine tops with jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment